Wednesday 20 January 2016

Book review - Lexicon, by Calista Anastasia



At first I thought I wasn't going to like this book, but within a few chapters I was captivated by the cheerful teenagers with their invisibility spray and talking cat. It's not a serious kind of book; more the fun sort, and reminded me a bit of shows like Bewitched and Sabrina. Actually I thought this book would make a marvellous movie or television series.

I understand this book is the second in a series, but there was no problem picking it up without having read the first book; the book stands alone, just as a novel should.

As is all too common among independently published books, the proofreading seemed to have been a little slapdash. It's rare to find the commitment to perfection in the indie world that we expect from traditional publishers, and to me that is a constant cause for grief; however, this one is not nearly as bad as many I have seen. It had obviously been the subject of some rigorous polishing, just not quite enough. 

Lexicon is available from AMAZON in both Kindle and paperback editions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment