Thursday 10 December 2015

Book review - If I Break, by Portia Moore


This book isn't really badly written overall, despite poor editing and substandard English. However, the subject matter is so mind-numbingly tedious that I could hardly finish it. "I also start to realise how unbelievably boring my life is," says Moore's protagonist at one point, and for me this really summed up the book.

I did persevere with it, though, pressing on to the end, and in the final chapters, when the surprise twist was revealed, I found it improved a great deal, and the ending was masterfully done.

If I Break is available from AMAZON in e-book, paperback and audio formats. While you're there, you can preorder my own new romantic comedy, Operation Tomcat, which releases on Friday.






No comments:

Post a Comment