Monday 18 May 2015

Book review - Kiss a Girl in the Rain, by Nancy Warren


A fine piece of work indeed, Kiss a Girl in the Rain is so much more than yet another love story. It's about taking chances, about leaving the comfort zone, about reaching out to life.

The characters are well drawn and believable, something that is always a deal breaker for me, and the story moves along at a good pace. I could have done without the insertion of scenes of graphic sex, which I felt added little if anything to the story, but there were only a couple of these and I am aware that the majority of Warren's readers are unlikely to share my views.

As noted above, the story is a good one, addressing real issues in a way that engages the reader from the first page to the beautifully satisfying conclusion. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have added Ms Warren to the small category of romance novelists I actually like to read, alongside Nora Roberts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment